Monday, May 7, 2012

You Are What You Eat

People's health is determined basically by what they eat. That is because food upholds nutrients so either people are healthy and likely to have a life with no significant problems, or have risk of disease is influenced by food. Also, it determines how you look, because if you eat a lot of food that has high amount of fat or carbohydrates, you will look chubbier. If you eat food that has high fiber but low fat, you will not be as chubby and be actually healthy. If you want to improve on yourself because you are what you it, you should look at food labels which helps to choose right food for you and be a better "you" by making healthy decisions. You will make better daily nutritional choices and try to take an ideal nutrition, for example 2,000 calories a day from food. It will be better for you to choose food with high amount of vitamin and fiber, and avoid one with too much sodium and fat. I am in fact what I eat because I avoid food with high fat, because I know it will lead to obesity. However, I'm not too skinny either because I take quite a large amount of carbohydrates and also sugary food. Thus I have stated in my analysis before that I will try to reduce the amount of carbohydrates. Also, I am trying to not skip meals which I sometimes do, because I've researched and learned that if I skip it, my blood sugar levels drop and propels me toward high-sugar food to quell my cravings. As I found out from analysis as well that I take too high amount of sodium as well, I am trying to not put in additional salt in my food, such as soup. In addition, Food Inc we watched a few days ago proves the point that you are what you eat. It described how chicken breasts got bigger and tomatoes and other vegetables were genetically engineered for own profits, and as a result, more than 70,000 Americans fell ill and obesity level intensified, in addition to adult diabetes. This clearly shows they were what they ate, even though it was not from their desire. The society itself is also making us become what we eat. Thus, not only we need to make healthy decisions by such as looking at food labels and be aware to take not too low or too high amount of calories each day, but also government itself has to influence us in a way that we become healthy because of better food choices that will not malfunction our health. We are what we eat, and that is why we need to be extremely aware of what we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment