Monday, January 30, 2012

Reflection

a. Reflect on the activity results that you just completed. How did your own stress levels related to the hierarchical position match up with what the video said? Do you agree that your position in a hierarchy has an inverse relationship to stress levels?
b.
My hierarchy groups
1. Family member
2. ISKL
3. Friends
4. Cross Country team
5. Extended family (mom's side)

Lowest: ISKL as a student
Highest: Extended family (mom's side) as an oldest child

I feel more stressed as a student in ISKL (lowest), so I agree with what the video said. I have more things required to do commanded by higher statuses (teachers) with tests and everything, so I feel more stressed. But it's not like I'm not stressed at all in the extended family group where I have the highest status, because I feel the responsibility and to take care of younger cousins. For example, I bought each one of them a Christmas present with my own money and caused a bit of stress in terms of choice.

b. Use the following terms in an analysis/reflection. Go any direction you want with it. a. Decision making, self esteem, wellness
 I learned how decision making must be done by myself so that I am the responsible one for it, and thus I will get higher self esteem since I know what I am doing and it is likely that I am doing what I want to do or what I think is important to do. In addition, it can be said that one's wellness is determined by the efficiency of own decision making. Therefore it is important to pursue my own decision making in order to have a higher self esteem and better wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment